Sunday, June 14, 2009

Minerva


Poor Minerva became available today at the shelter, and she's already on the list of dogs needing "urgent attention". It's quite understandable - she arrived with a broken back leg, and really needs osteopathic veterinary care right away. I have no idea how much it would cost to get her back on all four feet, but I'm certain it isn't trivial or cheap.

I must confess a very soft spot in my heart for Minerva - in both the looks and personality categories, she could easily be Buddy's little sister. On top of that, I've had a couple of broken bones myself, and can easily empathize with all the discomfort, annoyance and worry she's feeling. Every time I see her though, she hops up and teeters on her three good legs, wagging her tail for all it's worth. Her cup is running over with affection and unabashed gratitude.

Due to the nature of her injury, Minerva can only be released to a rescue group. Hopefully, someone will be able to work something out - if she's this sweet with a broken leg, I can only imagine what she'd be like with all four paws on the ground.

UPDATE: Miss Minerva was rescued on June 16. Here's to a speedy recovery for our sweet girl! Good luck, Minnie!


No comments: